Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2014

Depression is more common than you'd think among law students and lawyers (and law professors) [UPDATED].

And I applaud Prof. Brian Clarke for "coming out" about his depression (here).  My students (and probably my colleagues) at the various law schools at which I've taught know that my family and I have dealt with depression for years.  As I tell my students, I'd rather they wake me in the middle of the night and tell me that they need help than read about their suicides in the morning.  I think that having them know that I can talk openly about my depression helps them.  I also point them to articles like this one by Susan Daicoff

So, bravo, Brian Clarke--and here's to law students who can ask us how we cope. 

UPDATE:  Prof. Clarke finished his post trilogy with this one and this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to post a comment on our blog! To avoid having people post advertisements disguised as comments, we moderate all comments. We'll get to yours as soon as we can.